Mould Fungal & Algal Contamination Solutions
Black, grey or brown areas of fungus growth on surface of coating. Can also include Red, Yellow and Green Algae.
- Damp areas receiving little or no sunlight are susceptible to mould.
- Painting over an area that has had mould.
- Low quality paint containing no or low levels of in can biocides.
- Reusing opened containers that have received contamination from application transfer and or storage conditions.
- Determine firstly if the contamination is dirt or mildew by applying a few drops of household bleach. If the discolored areas dissapear. It's most likely mould.
- Remove source of moisture by fixing the leak source, sealing or ventilation.
- Apply biocide / sterilizer and or mildewcide as per manufacturer's instructions. Then scrub and rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat with paint that is protected with dry film biocide
- Top Paint Fungal Wash
- Top Paints Sheen
- Top Paints Sandcoat